Université Libre de Bruxelles
Chimie des Polymères CP 206/01
Campus de la Plaine
Office : 1C5 113
Phone : +32 2 650 53 95
Fax : +32 2 650 54 10
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Aniket Hande received a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (2011) and a Master of Science in Organic Chemistry (2013) from the University of Pune, India. In 2015, he worked in the pharmaceutical industry (Analytical Solutions Pvt Ltd, India) as an R&D Chemist. Later, he worked as a research assistant at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, India (2016) and National Tsing Hua University (2017), where he worked on peptide chemistry and organic photochemistry, respectively. He received his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry (2021) from the University of Pau and Pays de l’Adour, France, under Professor Anna Chrostowska in collaboration with Professor Piotr Kaszyński from the University of Lodz, Poland. In his thesis work, he synthesized stable organic radicals in the context of their potential applications in molecular electronics and spintronics, where the ionization energies were measured experimentally for the first time in this class of open-shell systems. In addition, the radicals were characterized with spectroscopic and electrochemical methods, and data were augmented with DFT results. Currently, he is a Postdoctoral researcher at Université Libre de Bruxelles working with Professor Yves Geerts, and his research interests focus on Design and synthesis of chiral pi-systems.
1) Paulina Bartos, Aniket A. Hande, Anna Pietrzak, Anna Chrostowska, Piotr Kaszyński “Substituent effects on the electronic structure of the flat Blatter radical: Correlation analysis of experimental and computational data”, New J. Chem., 2021,45, 22876-22887.
2) Saptarshi Ghosh, Karishma B Cotta, Aniket A. Hande, Moneesha Fernandes, Sarika Mehra, “PNA-mediated efflux inhibition as a therapeutic strategy towards overcoming drug resistance in Mycobacterium smegmatis”, Microbial Pathogenesis, 2021, 151, 104737.
3) Aniket A. Hande, Patrick Baylère, Piotr Kaszyński and Anna Chrostowska, “Effect of π-System Extension on the Ionization Energy of the Planar Blatter Radical: Experimental and Theoretical Studies”, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2020, 124, 9777–9782.
4) Aniket A. Hande, Clovis Darrigan, Paulina Bartos, Patrick Baylère, Anna Pietrzak, Piotr Kaszyński and Anna Chrostowska, “UV-Photoelectron spectroscopy of stable radicals: The electronic structure of planar Blatter radicals as materials for organic electronics”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 2020, 22, 23637-23644.
5) Vaibhav Pramod Charpe, Aniket A. Hande, Arunachalam Sagadevan, Kuo Chu Hwang, “Visible-light induced copper(I)-catalysed denitrogenative oxidative coupling of hydrazinylpyridines with terminal alkynes”, Green Chem, 2018,20, 4859-4864.